Re: trigger to maintain relationships

From: David M <davidgm0(at)ucia(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: trigger to maintain relationships
Date: 2002-12-11 17:35:54
Lists: pgsql-sql

I think I figured out my join syntax error (sorry for confusing the issue
with noise like that). I'd still be interested in general comments on
design.

FYI, join should've looked like:

create function pr_tr_i_nodes() returns opaque
as '
insert into ancestors
select NEW.node_id, ancestor_id
from NEW left outer join ancestors on (NEW.parent_id =
ancestors.node_id);

return NEW;'
language 'plpgsql';
create trigger tr_i_nodes after insert