Re: Postgres 7.3 announcement on postgresql.org

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>,pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres 7.3 announcement on postgresql.org
Date: 2002-11-30 03:51:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

> > FYI, Vince, I started reading all my email (using elm) in a special 120
> > column wide, 38 row xterm.  There was just too much detail in those
> > subjects i was missing.
>
> Doesn't do me much good if too often I don't have the luxury of a large
> screen 'cuze I'm reading from a remote site with horrible resolution or
> just an 80x25 screen.

Would a better subject line, fitting in the smaller default width, have
been something like:

PostgreSQL 7.3 Released! by the PostgreSQL Global Development Group

So hopefully it would look something like:

17096 Nov 28 PostgreSQL Public   (6733) [GENERAL] PostgreSQL 7.3
Released! b

Am thinking that regardless of the wording of the release, it doesn't
hurt us to do simple things like re-arranging the Subject line to make
things a bit more obvious.

?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift