Child process procedures

From: Thrasher <thrasher(at)fibers(dot)upc(dot)es>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Child process procedures
Date: 2002-11-27 14:52:20
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi all,

I have developed a system that is composed of 10 separate running
processes. Each of the processes opens a connection to postgres with the
C interface.

Whenever any process has to process any query, it should fork and create
a new independent process (not thread). How does the database connection
is kept?

In other words, if I fork a process that have an opened postgres
connection, does its children inherit that connection, and can I use
them as is, closing them at the end, or do I have to open a new
connection foreach children process ?

Thanks in advance,

Thrasher