createdb script bug in 7.3RC2?

From: Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc(at)mega-bucks(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: createdb script bug in 7.3RC2?
Date: 2002-11-27 11:37:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Seems to be a bug in the bin/createdb script. I tried to use the script
as is and got the following error:

$ createlang plpgsql JC
ERROR: stat failed on file '$libdir/plpgsql': No such file or directory
createlang: language installation failed

But my PGLIB path is correct:

$ set | grep PG
PGDATA=/usr/local/pgsql/data
PGLIB=/usr/local/pgsql/lib

I editing bin/createdb, hard coding the value of PGLIB and createdb then
worked fine. The edits are given below.I don't know any shell scripting
or much about pg's internal so I have no idea why this problem occurs.

But I can see why createdb can't figure out by itself what the value of
PGLIB is.

The edits on bin/createlang:

189a190
> PGLIB=/usr/local/pgsql/lib

Hope this helps. And if it is not a bug but a problem with my
installation, configuration please let me know.

Jc