JDBC Issue warning if could not find encoding

From: Fernando Nasser <fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: JDBC Issue warning if could not find encoding
Date: 2002-11-25 22:28:39
Lists: pgsql-patches
We currently silent fall back to the default JVM encoding if we could not find
the requested on or the one used by the backend (if it is unknown we also fall
back).  At least we should log a warning.  This patch adds the appropriate warnings.

P.S.:   This affects up to 7.2 backends only. None of this makes sense on 7.3+
backends; we will just use UNICODE and warn that we ignored charSet.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com

pgsql-patches by date

Next:From: Fernando NasserDate: 2002-11-25 22:44:37