Re: Sort time

From: pginfo <pginfo(at)t1(dot)unisoftbg(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>,"pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sort time
Date: 2002-11-15 14:45:53
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi Tom,

I use unicode for my db, but the locale is US!
The unicode is only for non english varchar and I do not make any comparation or
sorts or joins based
on non english fields ( all this is made in the client part of the system).

What locale will be fast?
Have you any info about the speed in the faster locale and in INT?

regards.