Re: Can't start rhdb-admin

From: Fernando Nasser <fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: Andrew Overholt <overholt(at)redhat(dot)com>
Cc: bquade(at)pobox(dot)com, rhdb(at)sources(dot)redhat(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can't start rhdb-admin
Date: 2002-10-31 14:44:50
Lists: pgsql-general

If you want to connect to the DBMS backend from a different machine, make sure
you have the following line in your /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf file:

tcpip_socket = true

otherwise it will not accept TCP/IP connection (the default is false for
security reasons.

Regards,
Fernando

Andrew Overholt wrote:> Hi Brian,

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto E-Mail: fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com