Re: Peer to peer replication of Postgresql databases

From: "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Peer to peer replication of Postgresql databases
Date: 2002-10-11 10:24:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

On 11 Oct 2002 at 16:16, Anuradha Ratnaweera wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to add some replication features to postgres (yes, I have
> already looked at ongoing work), in a peer to peer manner. The goal
> is to achive `nearly complete fault tolerence' by replicating data.

Sounds a lot like usogres. You got it running. (I never had a chance.) I would
like to hear how it compares against it.

Can anybody comment how maintained usogres is. It covers an important area of
replication but I am not sure how maintained that is. If it is not, I suggest
we pick it up and finish it.

HTH

Bye
Shridhar

--
You go slow, be gentle. It's no one-way street -- you know how youfeel and
that's all. It's how the girl feels too. Don't press. Ifthe girl feels