Re: sloooow query

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: marie(dot)tuite(at)edisonaffiliates(dot)com, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: sloooow query
Date: 2002-10-07 21:00:57
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

Robert Treat wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 16:15, Justin Clift wrote:
> > Hi Marie,
> >
> > Not sure the wal_files = 0 bit is good either. Haven't seen that set to
> > 0 before.
> >

> This is the default value, and I don't recall anything in the docs that
> would suggest to change it. Also IIRC the back end will auto adjust the
> # of wal_files as needed in newer versions. Unless your seeing messages
> like "DEBUG: XLogWrite: new log file created - consider increasing
> WAL_FILES" I think you can leave this alone. Can you point me to
> something that says different?

Ahh... that makes sense. Have been doing almost nothing else recently
except for setting up new PostgreSQL databases, loading in data, then
doing load testing for things.

Have totally become so used to having wal_files being other than 0 that
it didn't even register that this is the default. ;->

Sorry about that, and thanks for the heads up.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Robert Treat