Re: [pgsql-performance] Large databases, performance

From: Hans-Jürgen Schönig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-performance] Large databases, performance
Date: 2002-10-07 10:01:32
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-performance pgsql-sql

I wonder if the following changes make a difference:

- compile PostgreSQL with CFLAGS=' -O3 '
- redefine commit delays

also: keep in mind that you might gain a lot of performance by using the
SPI if you are running many similar queries

try 7.3 - as far as I remeber there is a mechanism which caches recent
execution plans.
also: some overhead was reduced (tuples, backend startup).

Hans