7.2.1: Can't create prcedural language PLPERL

From: Ruslan A Dautkhanov <rusland(at)scn(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 7.2.1: Can't create prcedural language PLPERL
Date: 2002-10-03 10:38:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hi,

I have to use PlPerl procedural language to write my
functions on PostgreSQL. I have recompiled Perl interpreter,
so libperl now built as a shared library. After this I had
done
    perl Makefile.pl; make; make install
All is good, but when I tries to run
    createlang ... plperl
it fail. I found where error is (createlang -e shows queries) -
    CREATE FUNCTION "plperl_call_handler" () RETURNS OPAQUE AS
'$libdir/plperl.so' LANGUAGE C;

ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plperl.so failed: dlopen
'/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plperl.so' failed.
(/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plperl.so: Undefined symbol "Perl_vmess")

Where my mistake is or maybe PG7.2.1 just can't properly use plperl
procudural language???
and that is the reason why you break plperl code from base source pack
in the next release 7.3?
Btw, gborg.postgresql.org as I see just only CVS visualizer, but it's
not a userland site -
I even not see a download link anywhere or any instructions how to
install it.

Thanks a lot for any comments/suggestions, which can help me to make
plperl work.

Regards,
Ruslan

pgsql-bugs by date