Re: pg_config : postgresql.conf adjustments?

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: pg_config : postgresql.conf adjustments?
Date: 2002-09-29 12:35:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Justin Clift writes:
>
> > Would it be beneficial for us to extend "pg_config" to update the
> > postgresql.conf file?
>
> That has nothing to do with pg_config's functions.

At present, sure.  Was thinking a tool for command line changes of
postgresql.conf parameters would be useful, then thought about what such
a tool would be named.  "pg_cfg" was a thought, as was "pg_config".

However we already have a pg_config.  At present it's purpose is in the
realm of reporting the installation configuration of PostgreSQL.  Was
thinking that adding the ability to do more than "report" stuff, but
also to "make changes" isn't that bad an idea.

?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> --
> Peter Eisentraut   peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net

   - Indira Gandhi