Re: IODBC32.DLL: Access Violation

From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: CN LIOU <cnliou(at)graffiti(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IODBC32.DLL: Access Violation
Date: 2002-09-26 00:13:24
Lists: pgsql-odbc

CN LIOU wrote:

> Thank you very much! Hiroshi,
>
> > > psqlODBC 7.02.0002 + PostgreSql 7.2.1 + Borland BDE +Windows95.
>
> [snip]
>

> > > Thus, I am trying to use TEXT column instead - and fail, too:
> > >
> > > create table MyTable (c1 integer,c2 text);
> > > --Then fill up value2 with string value using Delphi.
> > > INSERT INTO MyTable VALUES(:value1,:value2)
> > >
> > > The INSERT results in Access Violation from IDODBC32.DLL.
> > > Please note that value2 is about 55 kbytes in size and contains
> > > some low values, '\0' in terms of C. Can this be the problem
> > > confusing pgsqlODBC?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> I have then also removed low values from the string but AV remains. I have set the pgsqlODBC switches according to the instructions in:
>
> http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/faq/faq.php?faq_id=61
>
> Can '\r' or '\n' be a problem?

Maybe. Please turn off *LF <-> CR/LF conversion* DSN
option setting.

> What are the allowed/disallowed characters in LongVarChar
> (to be sent to postgreSQL TEXT data type column)?

AFAIK there's no inhibited character other than '\0'.
However there may be another problem. If you are in a
multibyte environment the client encoding would be
converted to the server's one.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/