Re: [GENERAL] Looking for more "big name" places that use PostgreSQL

From: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)justsportsusa(dot)com>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Looking for more "big name" places that use PostgreSQL
Date: 2002-09-12 21:42:26
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-generalpgsql-hackers
Hi Justin, Just Sports USA, my employer is the largest professional
sports licensed merchandise retailer in the US and we use PostgreSQL as
the foundation of our technology solution that runs everything from our
purchasing system to our in-store point-of-sale systems.  Contact me if
you would like a more detailed description of our use, how it's worked
flawlessly for us for over 3 years, or anything else related.

Gavin M. Roy
CIO
Just Sports USA

Justin Clift wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>We're looking to get an initial "PostgreSQL Advocacy and Marketing" site
>up an running in the next day or so.
>
>Whilst we know of a reasonable number of large places running PostgreSQL
>(as shown on the
>http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/supportcontracts.php page),
>we're still looking for further examples.
>
>Specifically, we are looking for places that are happy to discuss it,
>either a) not publicly, or b) happy to let the world know about it.
>
>Probably about 1/3 to 1/4 of the large organisations that we know are
>using PostgreSQL for important work aren't yet able to announce it
>publicly.  Please don't let this stop you from letting us know
>privately, as we are interested in the implementation details and will
>respect your confidentiality.
>
>So, if you're using PostgreSQL and haven't directly let us know, please
>do so now if you can.
>
>:-)
>
>Regards and best wishes,
>
>Justin Clift

Scanned by Sophos Anti-Virus v3.59TPOS, MIMEDefang v2.19,
and Spam Assassin v2.31 on satchel.bteg.net