Re: possible vacuum improvement?

From: "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: possible vacuum improvement?
Date: 2002-09-03 07:59:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 3 Sep 2002 at 15:39, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> > Actually that's what I did. Update global transaction counter
> > than trigger the
> > vacuum from a spare thread.
> >
> > but having it in DB has advantages of centralisation. It's just a
> > good to have
> > kind of thing..
>
> Care to submit it as a BSD licensed contrib module then? Or at least create
> a project for it on http://gborg.postgresql.org/ ?

Sounds like a nice idea. I would do that by this week end, once I finalise the
details about it.

Give me couple of days to finish it. Will come back soon with that..

Bye
Shridhar

--
Reporter, n.: A writer who guesses his way to the truth and dispels it with a
tempest of words. -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"