PostgreSQL security release 7.2.2 hasn't been announced on pgsql-announce

From: Aleksander Adamowski <olo(at)altkom(dot)com(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL security release 7.2.2 hasn't been announced on pgsql-announce
Date: 2002-08-29 11:04:02
Lists: pgsql-bugs

That's a serious issue. Like many other admins, I rely on announce
mailing lists for all the daemons I run on my servers, to be informed
about fixed security problems in new releases.

On the Postgres announce list I get plenty of release information about
PgSQL-related projects, but the most important thing - a security
release from 2002-Aug-24 - is not there.
I've only today (5 days after the fact!) noticed a message on a Mandrake
Linux mailing list that informed me about this security release.

What's the use of an announce list if it doesn't announce new releases?

Best Regards,
--
Olo
GG#: 274614