64 Bit build for Sparc

From: Alex Paulusberger <alexp(at)meta-bit(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 64 Bit build for Sparc
Date: 2002-08-23 13:11:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi
I was reading the Postgres solaris installation instructions in the hope
of finding some hints on how to compile postgres for 64 bit.

I installed the gcc3.1 and the 3.1 libraries found on the
sunfreeware.com site and tried to compile postgres 7.2.1 by setting the
CFLAG to -m64.

At onepoint the build failed with the following error message. "file
fe-auth.o wrong ELF class ELFCLASS64"

Now I was wondering if...