Text as long varchar?

From: Stelios Sfakianakis <ssfak(at)ics(dot)forth(dot)gr>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Text as long varchar?
Date: 2002-08-19 08:51:33
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I have the following configuration:
  - PostgreSQL 7.2.1
  - PostgreSQL odbc driver 7.2.1
  - Driver Manager: iodbc 3.0.5
  - OTL <>
  - FreeBSD 4.6
I try to read a TEXT column though the OTL's otl_long_string and I get
an error because the type of column as returned by the odbc driver seems
to be VARCHAR instead of VARCHAR_LONG. Perusing the
site I found in the advanced options section something relative: "Text
as LongVarChar: Postgres TEXT type is mapped to SQLLongVarchar,
otherwise SQLVarchar"
So although that this refers to the Win version of the odbc driver I put
"TextAsLongVarchar = Yes" in both odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini but without
success. The contents of these two files are:

[ODBC Drivers]
PostgreSQL = Installed

Description     = PostgreSQL driver for Linux & Win32
Driver          = /usr/local/lib/
Setup           = /usr/local/lib/
FileUsage       = 0
TextAsLongVarchar = Yes

Description = Test Database
Driver = /usr/local/lib/
Trace = Yes
TraceFile = sql.log
Database = test
Servername = localhost
UserName  =
Password  =
Port  = 5432
Protocol = 6.4
ReadOnly = No
RowVersioning = No
ShowSystemTables = No
ShowOidColumn = No
FakeOidIndex = No
TextAsLongVarchar = Yes
ConnSettings =

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time

Thus spake the master programmer:
``After three days without programming, life becomes meaningless.''
		--- The Tao of Programming

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: sangeetha RaoDate: 2002-08-19 16:41:04
Subject: PG&VB
Previous:From: ozgur avciDate: 2002-08-17 21:50:19