Re: Introduction

From: John McCawley <jmccawley(at)worleyco(dot)com>
To: Andy Kelk <andy(at)venda(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Introduction
Date: 2002-08-06 16:09:14
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Andy Kelk wrote:

>I only made modifications to one file: frmSQLInput.frm
>I have attached this file so you can see the changes. If this is not the
>way to go about sending modifications, give me a friendly nudge.

Typically you would send a patch file, which is a file that only
contains the differences between the CVS version and your version.
 Generating these from command line CVS requires you to actually
remember a command, so I don't do it ;)

On Windows I use Tortoise CVS:
http://www.tortoisecvs.org/index.shtml

It is, without a doubt, the coolest source control program I've ever
used.  It works as a Windows shell extension, and once you've installed
it you barely have to understand anything about CVS.  In *all* windows
file browsers, files under CVS show up with a green tint, and any files
you've modified show up with a red tint.  To create a patch file, simply
right click on a red file and from the cvs menu choose "make patch".
 This generates a patch file that Dave can use to apply your changes to
the main CVS tree.

Hopefully one day there will be a Konquerer extension that will work as
well as this :P

John