SysAdmin magazine is doing a "Call for Papers" about Open Sourc

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Roger Moon <rmoon(at)wc-group(dot)com>
Subject: SysAdmin magazine is doing a "Call for Papers" about Open Sourc
Date: 2002-07-18 03:32:49
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-general
Hi everyone,

SysAdmin Magazine is presently looking for proposals for their magazine
(pretty well established apparently), regarding Open Source.  Here are
some of the suggested topics:

 - Open Source in the Enterprise
 - New Tips for Securing Linux
 - Tuning Apache
 - Advanced Open Source Techniques for Network Installation
 - Undocumented (or Rarely Documented) Solutions with BSD
 - My Favorite Unknown Open Source Utility (and How to Use It)

Apparently all of their articles are written by readers, and as they
cater to Systems Administrators that means a lot of us.  :)

This is a good opportunity for us to get into print media targeted at
our fellow SysAdmins, and we might even be able to sneak in a
case-study-type-thing or two.

For example, Roger Moon's company (Web Commerce Group) recently scored a
5 year contract with BASF, and the solution is powered by PostgreSQL.
This would probably be of enough significance to get into a trade mag
and further demonstrate PostgreSQL as "Enterprise Credible", etc.

Anyone got thoughts on how to get something put together and into this
mag?  If people are short on time we could always do a group effort.

Hope I'm not being too radical here.  :-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

   - Indira Gandhi

pgsql-advocacy by date