Re: ODBC driver

From: mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
To: Annissa Melhenas <melhenas(at)cogenit(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC driver
Date: 2002-07-03 17:29:26
Lists: pgsql-odbc
First, don't use template1, create a new database for what you want to do. Try
"createdb ldap"

Second, make sure you "createuser" for the username under which you will be
connecting to the database, use your name for now.

in odbcinst.ini (likely in /etc or /usr/local/etc depending on how you
installed it.), describe the PostgreSQL driver, as:

[PostgreSQL]
Description             = PostgreSQL ODBC Driver by unixODBC
Driver          = /usr/local/lib/libodbcpsql.so
Setup           = /usr/local/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so

(substitute your path for what I used.)

Now, in your .odbc.ini file in your home directory,

[ldap]
Description             = PostgreSQL
Driver          = PostgreSQL
Trace           = No
TraceFile               =
Database                = ldap
Servername              = localhost
UserName                = annissa
Password                =
Port            = 5432
Protocol                = 6.4
ReadOnly                = No
RowVersioning           = No
ShowSystemTables                = No
ShowOidColumn           = No
FakeOidIndex            = No
ConnSettings            =

You should then be able to connect, with the assumptions:
Your user name is "annissa."
The PG server is localhost.