Re: Posgresql - openoffice-JDBC

From: Glenn Holmer <gholmer(at)weycogroup(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Posgresql - openoffice-JDBC
Date: 2002-06-26 14:10:38
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Timothy Reaves wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 07:53:40 -0500
> Glenn Holmer <gholmer(at)weycogroup(dot)com> wrote:
>

>>I can't get that to work. I added (in our case)
>>
>>/java/postgresql/pgjdbc2.jar
>>
>>to the end of the SystemClasspath line, then started OpenOffice and
>>entered a data source of (again, for our case)
>>
>>jdbc:postgresql://miranda:5432/catalog
>>

> Where did that driver come from?

jdbc.postgresql.org

> Also, the 5432 is redundent.

But not harmful, yes?

> Have you tried connecting to a local db?

You mean on my machine using "localhost"? Yes, same story. BTW,
the database on "miranda" is a production database which a Java
program uses, so it's not a Postgres issue.

Glenn Holmer gholmer(at)weycogroup(dot)com
Programmer/Analyst phone: 414.908.1809
Weyco Group, Inc. fax: 414.908.1601