Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: James Hubbard <jhubbard(at)mcs(dot)uvawise(dot)edu>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Dave Cramer <dave(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution
Date: 2002-06-26 02:00:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi James,

James Hubbard wrote:

<snip>
> Keep in mind that I was primarily focusing on the potential to include it with
> something like OpenOffice. This is why I said that my post was a little far
> fetched.

My understanding of this is that the OpenOffice.org guys don't want
either PostgreSQL nor MySQL as their inbuilt database, but are instead
looking at an altervative Open Source database (HSQL I think, don't
remember for sure).

Doing just what you proposed (getting a Win32 version of PostgreSQL and
offering to the OpenOffice.org people) was suggested to NuSphere a few
months ago, after Jan joined them. For some reason (not sure why) it
wasn't something which they decided to pursue.

Good suggestion though James. :-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift