Re: ecpg and bison again

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ecpg and bison again
Date: 2002-06-24 01:47:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I get
> cvs [server aborted]: cannot write /cvsroot/CVSROOT/val-tags: Permission denied
> This seems to be a server message.

I see the same thing when trying to update a tree to this branch using
local cvs on mcvsup.postgresql.org. The file is owned by scrappy and has
no group write permissions.

I use CVSup, and looking at the permissions on my local CVS repository
(which does allow me to work with the branch) that file is group (and
world!?) writable:

29501576 -rw-rw-rw- 1 thomas thomas 33 Jun 23 07:37
val-tags

And looking at another CVS repository with "known good" behavior I see
that the file is group-writable.

scrappy, can you adjust the permissions on /cvsroot/CVSROOT to allow
group writes, and adjust the permissions on /cvsroot/CVSROOT/val-tags to
allow group writes? Perhaps it is just the permissions on the directory
which are the problem, but it seems that no branch operations are
currently allowed :(

- Thomas