Unable to access records in table!

From: Wim <wdh(at)belbone(dot)be>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unable to access records in table!
Date: 2002-06-06 08:55:12
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hello guys,

I have a problem when launching a query on a table:

When I submit: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM billing;
the output is this:

FATAL 2:  open of /pgdata/pg_clog/0353 failed: No such file or directory
        before or while processing the request.
The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: NOTICE:
Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
        died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am
        going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
Failed.

Indeed /pgdata/pg_clog/0353 isn't there!
Yesterday the file had a different name... It seems that every day a mew
file is created...
Does anyone of you knows what this means?

Thanx!

Wim

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Henshall, Stuart - WCPDate: 2002-06-06 09:14:23