Re: Issues with Array Interface

From: Noel Rappin <nrappin(at)sockeye(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issues with Array Interface
Date: 2002-05-30 17:12:48
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Okay, let's try this...

The table def is roughly this... It's archiving an entire days worth of
data into one row. There are some other columns that are unimportant to
the current problem.

day timestamp without time
time timestamp with time zone []
value real[]

I've tried a couple of things with the code, here's what I have now. As
this works, the data result set generates correct values as it walks
throgh the set, but the times result set always gives the same value.

public void addOneHistoryRow(ResultSet rs) throws SQLException {
Array timeArray = rs.getArray("time");
ResultSet times = timeArray.getResultSet();
Array dataArray = rs.getArray("value");
ResultSet data = dataArray.getResultSet();
while (times.next()) {
data.next();
Number value = (Number) data.getObject(2);
String timeString = times.getString(2);
try {
Timestamp time = new Timestamp(
inputFormat.parse(timeString).getTime());
this.addOneDataPoint(time, value);
} catch (ParseException e) {
System.out.println(e);
}
}
}

There's actually another issue here, which is that I had to parse the
Timestamp by hand -- I was getting an error on plain getObject() for the
time column, but that's also minor.

I've tried it a few different ways -- I tried having times be generated
with
Timestamp[] times = (Timestamp[]) timeArray.getArray();

Which had the same issue -- every enery in the array had the same value.

Thanks,

Noel