Re: PostgreSQL and Cygwin as production database

From: Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra <lgcdutra(at)terra(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL and Cygwin as production database
Date: 2002-04-16 11:33:13
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Tim Finch wrote:

> Another interesting claim - speed of databases is such a subjective
> issue. Interestingly this article compared a bunch of databases on a
Not subjective at all, you just need to define configuration, load
and which parameter to measure.

Anyway, I wonder why one would run pgsql on MS W32 when GNU/Linux or
BSD are simpler and run faster and more reliably with less hardware.

--
_
/ \ Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra +41 (21) 216 15 93