Permission on tables

From: "Steven Cuthbertson" <steven(at)tie(dot)cl>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Permission on tables
Date: 2002-04-26 14:11:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Question:

I have a server X with Apache & PHP and a server Y with Postgres. I had the
usual "permission denied" error while trying to execute a query pg_exec in
a simple php page. I googled around a bit and found a page suggesting that
I do this:

grant ALL on mytable to PUBLIC;

Q: Is this dangerous? What is encompassed by "ALL"? Read? Write? Drop? There
are some extremely clever hackers out there and I have already seen what
they can do, without leaving them any loopholes...

Steven

Obtenga su direccion de correo en http://www.internetempresas.cl