Could not start service on 2003 when postgres user in administrators group

From: "Neftin, Slava" <slava(dot)neftin(at)hp(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Could not start service on 2003 when postgres user in administrators group
Date: 2009-02-18 15:49:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

I saw that Postgres is supporting to run with user with administrative permissions.
There is a code that dropping administrative privileges ad startup.
However, I see that when I am changing "postgres" user to be as part of "Administrators" group, starting of service fails with error in Event's Log:
"could not open process token: error code 5".
When I am running in XP everything is OK, but in 2003 it fails.

I see that the error is logged from "postgres.exe" process when OpenProcessToken call fails.

Is it a bug? Please assist what can be done to overcome it?

Thanks in advance,
Slava Neftin