Re: Mailing List Question

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>,Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>,Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2002-03-27 15:21:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > >
> > > checking the moderator-to-approve listing for you, here are the reason(s):
> > >
> > > Reason: GLOBAL ADMIN HEADER: /^subject:\s*set\b/i matched "Subject: SET"
> > OK, but should posters get email stating it is in the approval queue?
> > He clearly didn't, and I don't either, but others say they do get such
> > messages.
> Not necessarily if it's an admin command.

istm that we should disable all administrative functions from the main
mailing lists (this is settable in the configuration). the -request
addresses handle administration, and it is just plain confusing to find
that there are some special words that should never be mentioned in the
subject or body of a message. That isn't appropriate behavior for those
mailing lists!

                      - Thomas