Re: Current ODBC driver fails on Win2K

From: "Raymond O'Donnell" <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Current ODBC driver fails on Win2K
Date: 2002-03-03 22:21:12
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 28 Feb 2002 at 10:44, Erle Czar Mantos wrote:

> Is your ODBC driver the latest driver because
> the latest ODBC driver I had works fine on a Win2K.

I had virtually the latest version - just one build removed.

> Anyway, why don't you consider using the
> open source ZeosDBO components in Delphi for accessing
> a PostgreSQL db, it uses the native libpq and is generally faster. I
> do see the reason why you're using ODBC.

I tried these, but had problems getting these to compile on my
system. I found in any case that when I tried to add persistent
fields to my ClientDataSets (at the client end of the app) that it
did not pick up the fields already added to the middle-tier datasets
in the way that you'd expect, so I went back to using Borland's
TQuery and ODBC.

--Ray

Raymond O'Donnell http://www.iol.ie/~rod/organ
rod(at)iol(dot)ie The Irish Pipe Organ Page