Re: JDBC/JSP: Strange Problem

From: Josh Burdick <jburdick(at)gradient(dot)cis(dot)upenn(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC/JSP: Strange Problem
Date: 2002-02-26 16:21:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs
      I'm also having problems with Postgres' JDBC driver and the tag
libraries.  I have a JSP page which selects everything from a table, and
prints it out.
    Workaround: back up to using "jdbc7.0-1.2.jar" (or "pgjdbc1.jar", if
you don't need all the Java2 JDBC stuff.)

jdbc7.1-1.2.jar - fetches only the last row (I can tell this by using
"limit n" to just select part of the table)
pgjdbc2.jar - just repeats one row, over and over
jdbc7.0-1.2.jar - works
pgjdbc1.jar - works

    These are all taken from http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html.
    I'm using
- dbtags.jar package from (IIRC) Netbeans 3.1 or so (in other words, not
the latest version)
- running in Apache Tomcat 4.0
- on Red Hat 7.2, kernel 2.4.9-21

    I'm not sure whether the bug is in Postgres' JDBC, or dbtags.jar.
 I'm not even sure how much dbtags.jar is supported these days (given
that there are several SQL taglibs being developed at
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/), so I'm not sure how much of an
issue this is...

    Also, the link to the "Postgres BugTool" on www.us.postgresql.org
<http://www.us.postgresql.org> is broken.  (In
the meantime, if you could just link to this e-mail address, or to a
page with this e-mail address, that would be a good temporary thing...)

    Thanks,
    Josh
    jburdick(at)gradient(dot)cis(dot)upenn(dot)edu
<mailto:jburdick(at)gradient(dot)cis(dot)upenn(dot)edu>
    http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~jburdick
<http://www.cis.upenn.edu/%7Ejburdick>

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Darcy BuskermolenDate: 2002-02-26 16:23:22