Re: Duration of beta period

From: Kevin <TenToThe8th(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop(at)range(dot)infoplease(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Duration of beta period
Date: 2002-02-26 04:54:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Just for my own sanity, I agree that using the system packager is a good
idea.  Since I use Slackware, and finding a package for it is usually
difficult (I don't know if pgsql has one), I use checkinstall
(  It creates a system
package based on what 'make install' does. It can create Slackware
packges, RPMs and Debian packages.  Thus I can usually do 'cvs update &&
make && su -c checkinstall' without any probelms (usually because
sometimes you need a distclean/configure in there).  Of course running
out of CVS is probably not much better than the snapshots, but of course
how you get the source is up to you.