international characters and pg_select

From: Karri Kaksonen <Karri(dot)Kaksonen(at)ssh(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: international characters and pg_select
Date: 2002-02-11 11:36:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi,

I have a problem with RedHat 7.2 and
postgresql-7.1.3-2
postgresql-devel-7.1.3-2
postgresql-tcl-7.1.3-2
postgresql-libs-7.1.3-2
postgresql-server-7.1.3-2

For some reason I cannot make a query like:

pg_select $conn "select * from clubs where seura = 'Kemijärvi'" a {
    puts stdout "$a(seura)";
}

The problem is that the letter ä makes the query fail.

To see if pgtclsh makes something weird I run

% binary scan "Kemijärvi" c* a
1
% set a
75 101 109 105 106 -28 114 118 105

So the letter ä it is mapped into one byte. No UTF-8 stuff
here.

The psql treats the letter ä perfectly. Same with my PHP-
scripts. Does somebody have a clue of what is going wrong?

I have a faint memory that my scripts worked perfectly with
RedHat 6.2 a looong time ago.

--
Yours,

Karri

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Hubert PalmeDate: 2002-02-11 17:22:20