Re: inline is not ANSI C

From: Luis Amigo <lamigo(at)atc(dot)unican(dot)es>
To: lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org
Cc: Trond Eivind Glomsrød <teg(at)redhat(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: inline is not ANSI C
Date: 2002-01-31 09:41:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > > Standards evolve.
> > I think u can not make a unix standard open source dbase if u don't
> > respect standards, OS must evolve, not applications
>
> Per Tom Lane's response, there are provisions in the configuration step
> to define "inline" as an empty macro for the preprocessor. So it just
> goes away from the source code for compilers which do not support it.
>
> Tom inquired whether that configuration step seems to not produce the
> right result for you (it sounds like it doesn't). Actually removing
> "inline" from the source code is not required.
>
> Try running configure again and check the results. Let us know what you
> find.
>
> - Thomas

by now in 7.2b4 configure is not working as expected, I will try b5 when I
can.
It may be because MIPS Pro compilers have inlining tools, but in cannot be
used as in gcc inline is an special type, can not be used as integer inline
Regards

Attachment Content-Type Size
lamigo.vcf text/x-vcard 290 bytes