Re: Upgrade 7.0.3 -> 7.1.3 problems!

From: David Link <dlink(at)soundscan(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Upgrade 7.0.3 -> 7.1.3 problems!
Date: 2002-01-29 17:37:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Further information -- Here it is a little clearer:

1. ) Reinstall 7.0.3:

root# rpm -v --force -i postgresql-server-7.0.3-2mdk.i586.rpm
postgresql-7.0.3-2mdk.i586.rpm
root# /etc/init.d/postgresql status
root# /etc/init.d/postgresql restart
postgres$ initdb
postgres$ createdb tmpdb
postgres$ psql -d tmpdb

EVERYTHING WORKS.

2. ) Reinstall 7.1.3:

root# /etc/init.d/postgresql stop
root# rpm -v --force -i postgresql*7.1.3*rpm
postgresql-7.1.3-1PGDG
postgresql-perl-7.1.3-1PGDG
postgresql-server-7.1.3-1PGDG
postgres$ initdb
root# /etc/init.d/postgresql start

An old version of the database format was found.\nYou need to upgrade
the data format before using PostgreSQL.\nSee (Your System's
documentation directory)/postgresql-7.1.2/README.rpm-dist for more
information.

postgres$ postmaster &
postgres$ createdb tmpdb
postgres$ psql -d tmpdb

psql: error while loading shared libraries: psql: undefined symbol:
PQgetssl
pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection

Anybody? Thanks - David