thank you!

From: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: thank you!
Date: 2007-07-28 01:31:08
Lists: pdxpug

Hello!

Thank you everyone who participated in Sunday's talks and worked the
booth at OSCON. What an incredible success!

Here's Joshua Drake's take on what happened:
http://www.commandprompt.com/blogs/joshua_drake/2007/07/
oscon_2007_postgresql_army_of_smurfs/

A few of of us at OSCON were visited by Jay Pipes and he commented on
how awesome the PostgreSQL booth was, and how our presence was
dominant compared to the other open source databases represented
(Ingres, mysql).

We're going to do it next year!

And, for those who haven't heard, Joshua Drake and I are organizing a
west coast PostgreSQL meetup/conference in early October. If you're
interested in giving a talk, we'll be announcing things more formally
very soon (next week or so). We're looking for practical tutorials
and interactive sessions that can really get people working together
and learning from one another. I'd like to see an even mix of
developers, dbas and sysadmins showing each other their coolest tricks.

I also met a couple people from Seattle who were inspired to create
their own PUG!

I also have a huge bag of elephant pins to trade for donations to
Software in the Public Interest (SPI) - the 503(c) organization that
holds money for PostgreSQL advocacy. Our fund does things like help
pay for flights for speakers, and offset the cost of booths at
conferences. A donation of any amount will get you a very nice enamel
pin.

-selena