From: mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: contrib/dbase
Date: 2001-12-21 19:52:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I just looked at the source for dbase. I have a long hacked version of
this. The one in contrib is based on a newer version of what I have been

It is funny, because I made some of the same changes to mine as are in
the one in contrib, with a few exceptions.

usage:  dbf2pg [options] filename.dbf
                -h hostname, host name of PostgreSQL server
                -y translate field name, oldname=newname
                -z translate data type, fieldname=datatype
                -d dbase
                -t table_name
                -p prefix, prepends prefix to default table name
                [-c | -D] Create or delete
                -f convert field names to lower case
                [-u | -l] Converts data to upper or lower case,
                -v[v] sets verbosity

Who contributed it? Did Maarten Boekhold? I would like to merge my data
type and table prefix code into the main tree, if this is where it will
now be officially maintained.