Re: Status on RC1?

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Status on RC1?
Date: 2001-12-21 06:42:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Sounds good. How are you feeling about the state of the documentation?

Not bad afaict. I had made a tutorial hardcopy a couple of weeks ago
(nothing is likely to have changed on that one since then) and the
others should flow fairly quickly (much faster than in previous years).
Though I'm not sure if hardcopy is even going to be packaged into the
main release this time around, others will likely want to have them for,
say, RPM packaging (Lamar?).

I usually find a bunch of small things when going through the docs to
build the hardcopy.

There is doc/HISTORY, and doc/src/sgml/release.sgml which needs to be
merged. We *should* be generating doc/HISTORY from the release.sgml
source, but we apparently have never started doing that. Next release,
we really should since the sgml docs could and should be the definitive
source for this kind of information.

For now, someone will need to hand-merge the contents of doc/HISTORY
back into the sgml source file.

- Thomas