Re: 7.2 is slow?

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.2 is slow?
Date: 2001-12-17 08:54:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> With the freshly retrieved current source, now PostgreSQL is running
> fine on an AIX 5L box. Thanks Tom.
>
> BTW, I have done some benchmarking using pgbench on this machine and
> found that 7.2 is almost two times slower than 7.1.

Is this an AIX specific problem or do all/all SMP/all 4way computers
have it ?

Is this a bug that needs to be addresse before release of final ?

Or would we just prominently warn people that the new release is 2x
slower and advise upgrading only if they have powerful enough computers
(system load < 0.5 during normal operation)?

Hannu