Re: JDBC 3.0 / JDK 1.4 build issues

From: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: Rene Pijlman <rene(at)lab(dot)applinet(dot)nl>
Cc: Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net, "'Bruce Momjian'" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC 3.0 / JDK 1.4 build issues
Date: 2001-12-16 04:31:59
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Rene,

Dave and I exchanged a few emails on this a while back, and I think what
we decided on was that we would support both make and ant independently
in 7.3.  That means two independant methods of building the code,
makefiles that don't depend on ant, and ant that doesn't depend on make
calling it.  Both build mechanisms have their pros and cons as was born
out in the long email thread on this topic a few weeks ago.  I agreed to
work on/support the make build method and Dave agreed to support the ant
one.

thanks,
--Barry