Platform testing (last call?)

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bill Studenmund <wrstuden(at)netbsd(dot)org>, prlw1(at)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk, tih(at)kpnQwest(dot)no, Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>, Permaine Cheung <pcheung(at)redhat(dot)com>
Subject: Platform testing (last call?)
Date: 2001-12-13 16:02:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Things have firmed up nicely for the 7.2 release. We currently have
several NetBSD platforms which have not reported success for 7.2, maybe
only because they have a relatively small user base (and aging
processors) nowadays. If anyone still has a m68k, VAX or arm running
NetBSD, let us know!

Oh, and a question about Linux/PlayStation2: if it is an x86 processor,
even without test and set support, should we list it separately? Or is
it enough like other PCs that it is too fine a distinction to make?

- Thomas

The problem platforms with comments and questions are:

NetBSD/arm32 Patrick Welche
Any luck finding time to do the test?
NetBSD/m68k Bill Studenmund
Any luck finding another test platform?
NetBSD/VAX Tom I. Helbekkmo
Any VAXen out there nowadays?
SunOS Tatsuo Ishii
Anyone writing a memcpy for it?
Tatsuo will be retiring his machine soon.

And those reported as successful:

AIX Andreas Zeugswetter, Tatsuo, Tom
BeOS Cyril Velter
BSD/OS Bruce