Re: largeobject

From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Matteo Cavalleri <theos(at)bp(dot)lnf(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: largeobject
Date: 2001-12-12 10:34:44
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Matteo Cavalleri wrote:

> On 10 Dec 2001, at 15:54, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately vacuumlo doesn't take type lo into account.
>
> In latest pgreplicator distribution we set up an alpha stage large
> object replication. The system works both on oid and lo types.
> We develop the following set of utilities that you can find useful if
> you are working on lo types:

What lo type are you using ?

There's a lo type in contrib/lo.
The type could be restored using pg_restore in 7.2
and vacuumlo in 7.2 also could handle the type
properly.

There's another lo type described in FAQ(Advanced)
at http://odbc.postgresql.org/. Unfortunately the
type is hard to handle for pg_restore or vacuumlo.

I've been thinking how to change from the latter to
the former but not found the solution yet.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue