Re: Bad Date field

From: DHSC Webmaster <webmaster(at)dhs-club(dot)com>
To: Peralta Miguel-MPERALT1 <Miguel(dot)Peralta(at)motorola(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bad Date field
Date: 2001-11-29 17:01:39
Lists: pgsql-admin
You could use a perl script to read your data and do a pattern match for
consistency with your date output. Or you could import the data into a
temp table which has a text field instead of date. You could query
against your temp table to find offending data. Then use SQL to insert
the data into your real table.

Peralta Miguel-MPERALT1 wrote:

> Hello everyone:
>
> Would anyone know how to find a bad date field in an external file?  I have
> an external file that I am using to populate a table using the following
> command:
> COPY release_data FROM '/home/mperalta/release_data' USING DELIMITERS '|'
>
> When I issue this command, the response afte a while is the following:
>
> ERROR; Bad date external representation '9'
>
> The external file is rather large and I've tried finding this bad date
> manually with no success.  The table I'm copying into has a datestamp of
> type DATE.

Bill MacArthur
Webmaster
DHS Club