Second call for platform testing

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers Mailing List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Neale(dot)Ferguson(at)softwareAG-usa(dot)com, cyril(dot)velter(at)libertysurf(dot)fr, segfault(at)hardline(dot)org, prlw1(at)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk, mrg(at)eterna(dot)com(dot)au, tih(at)kpnQwest(dot)no, t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp, Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com
Subject: Second call for platform testing
Date: 2001-11-29 03:54:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers
OK, the list is getting smaller fast (thanks for all of the responses!).
Here is what I have left currently (note the addition of NetBSD/sparc,
which I had inadvertently omitted from the first list):

BeOS         Cyril Velter
Linux/arm    Mark Knox
Linux/s390   Neale Ferguson
NetBSD/arm32 Patrick Welche
NetBSD/m68k  Bill Studenmund (will test)
NetBSD/sparc Matthew Green (left off the first list)
NetBSD/VAX   Tom I. Helbekkmo
QNX          (did I get a definitive report for 4.x already?)
SunOS        Tatsuo Ishii (old release; still relevant?)
Windows/Cygwin Daniel Horak (OK in serial test, trouble with parallel
test?)
Windows/native Magnus Hagander (clients only)

I'm curious about the Windows/Cygwin trouble, and if others see it too,
since the -cygwin mailing list seems to report happiness with 7.1.3.

Tatsuo, do you think that we should still track SunOS explicitly?

Are there any other platforms we are running on?

                       - Thomas

The following platforms have been reported as successfully running
PostgreSQL 7.2:

AIX          Andreas Zeugswetter (Tatsuo working on 5L?)
BSD/OS       Bruce
FreeBSD      Chris Kings-Lynne
HPUX         Tom (anyone tested 11.0 or higher?)
IRIX         Luis Amigo
Linux/Alpha  Tom
Linux/MIPS   Hisao Shibuya
Linux/PPC    Tom
Linux/sparc  Doug McNaught
Linux/x86    Thomas (and many others ;)
MacOS-X      Gavin Sherry
NetBSD/Alpha Thomas Thai
NetBSD/PPC   Bill Studenmund
NetBSD/x86   Bill Studenmund
OpenBSD/sparc Brandon Palmer
OpenBSD/x86  Brandon Palmer
SCO OpenUnix Larry Rosenman
Solaris/sparc Andrew Sullivan
Solaris/x86  Martin Renters
Tru64        Alessio Bragadini (trouble with 5.1?)

Next:From: Joe ConwayDate: 2001-11-29 04:48:39