Linux libpq dbupdates

From: Tom Knowles <tom(at)peters(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Linux libpq dbupdates
Date: 2001-11-27 14:05:52
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
As a newcomer to postgres/libpq, I would be grateful for some help.
I can see my way clear to effecting most operations using libpq & C
However, I see no fluid way of formulating an update command as there
seem to be no functions to identify the appropriate fields (typically
the index fields) in order to complete the 'WHERE' portion of the

Suppose that a number of tuples are returned from a query, which may
one or more items to be updated.

Does anyone have a good example of achieving such a relatively simple
common function?
Is there some good comprehensive documentation (with examples) re libpq

Any pointers welcome

Many Thanks

Tom Knowles

pgsql-interfaces by date