Re: German Special Characters

From: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: erwin(dot)ambrosch(at)ebutec(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: German Special Characters
Date: 2001-10-31 02:57:39
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Erwin,

Since you are using 7.1, you will need to ensure that your database is
created with the correct character set.  If you issue the sql statement:
select getdatabaseencoding(); in psql this will show you what character
set your database was created with.  To store the german special
characters you should ensure that your database is created with the
LATIN1 character set.

thanks,
--Barry