Re: SQL-Statement is too long

From: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: erwin(dot)ambrosch(at)ebutec(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL-Statement is too long
Date: 2001-10-31 02:54:49
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Erwin,

Prior to 7.0, postgres only supported sql statements that were 8K long
(or actually blocksize long which could be from 8K - 32K, but is 8K by
default).  That restriction was removed from the server in 7.0, however
arly versions on the 7.0 driver still had this restriction.  This bug
was fixed in later 7.0 versions of the jdbc driver.

thanks,
--Barry