Re: RE- Compile 7.1.3 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.6a

From: Steve Burger <steve(at)customware(dot)aust(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RE- Compile 7.1.3 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.6a
Date: 2001-10-24 04:51:36
Lists: pgsql-ports
Thanks for the previous responces they have helped me in the right

I am playing with it at the moment.
So far I've edited
./src/include/port/sco.h and added

> #define NOFILE            110
./src/Makefile.shlib and added

> ifeq ($(PORTNAME), sco)
>   shlib := lib$(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX).$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION).$(SO_MINOR_
>   LINK.shared = $(COMPILER) -G -Kpic -belf
> endif
This gets me a compile and an install. Postmaster works and I can create
dbases and tables.
pgaccess does not work although I did have it working prior to changing
but it was not using

I would like to be able to use libpgtcl from my bltwish  when I
load /usr/local/pgsql/lib/  I get the following error

couldn't load file "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/": dynamic linker :
/usr/local/bin/bltwish : error opening

Figuring this looks like a pathing issue I

ln /usr/local/pgsql/lib/ /usr/lib

and the error changes to
couldn't load file "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/": dynamic linker:
/usr/local/bin/bltwish: relocation error: symbol not found: crypt

Now I've read something about crypt inrelation to this I cann't think
I'll keep chipping away, if you can shed any light let me know.

Regards Steve Burger