[Fwd: views, with check option]

From: "Travis Hoyt" <thoyt(at)npc(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [Fwd: views, with check option]
Date: 2001-10-23 19:11:51
Lists: pgsql-novice

Sorry, my inital e-mail was somewhat vague. Here's another attempt.

create view sun_r as select freemem, freeswap, time, systemid
from sardata where systemid in (select sysid from systems where platform =
'sun') and datatype = 'r' with check option;

Above is a copy of one of the views I'm trying to create. The view, sun_r,
does a select against sardata. The 'check option' is at the end as you can
see. From what few examples I have seen, this would be okay. However I
get a parse error when using the 'with check option'. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Travis

Travis Hoyt wrote:

> Anyone able to get this to work? I keep getting parse errors. If you
> have it working, can you send me an example? Couldn't find anything on
> the web page docs.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Travis

Attachment Content-Type Size